Castles At Tysley by Terence Cuneo



Title

Castles At Tysley

Artist

Terence Cuneo

Ref GM1166
Type Fine Art Print
Image Size 24" x 20" (60 x 50 cm)
Price Add to basket
Description  
Tysley was the location for the Great Western Railway for supporting the rolling stock on the railway line. It was constructed in 1908 and is located in the West Midlands and supported the opening of the North Warwickshire line which ran from Birmingham to Bristol. They remained open until 1969 when the sheds were demolished and has subsequently become the site of the Birmingham Railway Museum. The Castle Class were 4-6-0 steam locomotives, designed and built between 1923 and 1950. They were also known as the 4073 Class and were designed by the Railway`s Chief Mechanical Engineer, Charles Collett to drive the company`s express passenger trains for an improvement on the original Star Class of 1907 and approximately 170 of these engines were built or converted. These were extremely strong and robust engines and the Powderham Castle totalled nearly 2 million miles in some 40 years of service.